Summit and its partners has been actively engaged in green construction materials research, development and commercialization field.
Its portfolio of related technologies includes:
- Green Concrete applications that contain up to 100% fly ash coal waste as cementitious component base.
- PermaDune™ beach erosion prevention permanent environmentally friendly “green artificial dune” Solution
- Reinforced concrete based on a variety of waste-derived plastic additives that add pliability and improve shock absorbent qualities of this versatile construction material.
- Residual coal waste-to-power feedstock is a Summit-owned patentable on-site clean coal energy (“CCE”) technology/process that provides the capability to very quickly and cost-competitively: (1) remove debris and foreign materials from large volumes of CFT located in piles on the ground and settling ponds in the ground, (2) de-water the cleaned stream to less than 5%, and (3) convert the CFT into a high density flowable form that can be transported safely and used directly as a coal-based fuel feedstock for commercial power plants. This feedstock is high energy, consistent high quality, abundantly and readily available, lower-cost and clean.
SRG is committed to the success and increased adoption of sustainable construction practices throughout the industry. As part of this effort, we train all new hires in the theory and practice of green building. We believe Green buildings are not only good for the environment, they also provide immediate and long-term economic benefits for developers, building owners and occupants.
From wind farms to concentrated solar collection parks, SRG has alliances with manufacturers to assure the most efficient means to deliver energy to your development. Through their affiliations, SRG can also orchestrate the delivery of water systems, which is now as critical a resource as energy. Our engineers will evaluate the needs of the proposed community and devise creative, cost-effective, sustainable systems that will conserve both energy and water resources.
As part of our commitment to have a positive impact on the communities we serve, we have launched a broad-based program of initiatives to promote sustainable development practices and to aggressively expand our capabilities and extend our leadership in this growing field.
Summit is committed to practical green-build, sustainable stewardship.
- Summit employs local materials, equipment and labor wherever and to the greatest extent possible.
- The StructCrete™ System and associated local training programs offer the opportunity to create sustainable job skills and paid employment in the local/regional area where Summit performs projects.
- The StructCrete™ Equipment (See Section III-E) can be manufactured locally and transported in a relatively high density nested configuration to the project sites.
- The StructCrete™ on-site concrete casting process requires a relatively small footprint, and does not emit greenhouse or noxious/toxic gases, or employ chemicals that could contaminate the ground or aquafers.
- The StructCrete™ precision molds require minimal cleaning with water and produce virtually no construction waste, or that would require re-cycling or land-filling.
- The StructCrete™ concrete panels require less than half of the concrete (cement) and rebar than conventional full-thickness castings or pour-in-place walls.
- The StructCrete™ concrete panels require smaller cranes to handle than conventional full-thickness castings.
- The precision-made panels fit together without gaps, preventing energy losses, undesirable air flow, and mold growth with trapped moisture.
- Buildings and other structures built with the StructCrete™ System are highly sustainable and rated for 200+ MPH winds and California Zone 4 seismic conditions, and require minimal or no maintenance.
- Summit is continuing to explore innovations for reducing significantly the amount of cement in concrete and increasing the inherent insulation values of the concrete panels.
- Summit also is offering Owners/Developers options to employ green/sustainable energy and water/sewer treatment systems in their projects.
Summit has conceived a unique, practical, integrated national program to be initially rolled out in India for standardized vocational education, training and certification in best practices construction and building that is designed to provide India initially with its targeted 10 million qualified workers in those trades over the next 5 to 7 years, increase the productivity and salary of those qualified workers and sustainably expand the middle class in India, provide a critical contribution to India’s national development objectives and goals, all as part of the Summit workforce development program.
Some of the unique features of the Program that provide the capability to achieve that objective include:
- all critical technical and project management/administration trades, for example: drafting, interpretation of architectural and construction shop drawings, principles of construction methods and materials, building & construction standards and codes, construction site safety, quality assurance/control, LEED practices, project and contract legal and financial principles, and Construction Industry Management (“CIM”);
- integrating and modifying existing education and training principles, curricula, materials and methods to create the curricula and capabilities required for the Program, rather than “reinvent the wheel – the keystone of the Program education/training process;
- employing a set of additional specialized education and training materials adapted by Summit specifically for the Program to be uniquely and highly effective with persons that are illiterate/uneducated and unskilled/ minimally skilled – a cornerstone of the Program education/training process;
- establishing specialized equipment training “parks” with simulators with 3-D video training “game” modules created specifically for the Program, and full and reduced scale construction equipment – a cornerstone of the Program education/training process;
- establishing levels of certification based on existing construction industry practices (e.g., apprentice, journeyman, master, instructor, master instructor);
- recruiting Program participants (trainers/instructors and trainees) in India; training the Senior Indian Trainers in the USA and field instructors in India;
- creating incentives for prospective workers to participate in and complete the Program, including, for example, opportunities for sustainable employment with a living wage, assistance with job placement (including, as required, work for the Indian Federal & State Governments).
- establishing a rewards program for work attendance, quality and safety performance – the Program goal is for construction and building trades to join the DabbaWalla as the other Six-Sigma business in India;
- implementing supporting initiatives, including, for example, promoting and branding construction/building trades as desired and respectable professions nationally in India, providing supplemental remedial literacy and basic arithmetic programs to Program graduates and their children where needed, creating professional trade associations and hosting construction trade shows in India, such as the World of Concrete;
- developing Indian Construction Guild to represent, support and protect construction workers that are trained and certified by the Program or otherwise “in-house” by Indian builders accepted for corporate membership in the Guild the Guild would be responsible, for example, for developing, implementing and administering the various incentives and supporting initiatives and rewards programs indicated above, as well as creating and managing a Worker Pension Fund, a dedicated Credit Union with micro mortgage lending, and other services, such as legal assistance where required.
Design, development, implementation and management/administration of the Program would be a collaborative effort by a consortium of USA construction industry, labor union, professional trade association, academia and Government entities and Indian counterparts, employing the principles of complex value chain/logistics operations design and management, and the techniques for performing mega-projects – the Program is similar to mobilizing for and conducting a major conflict concurrently in multiple locations; it’s been done, the principles are well established and the tools are available.
More Information on Summit Clean Coal Energy Solutions More Information on Summit Energy and Environmental Stewardship with StructCrete™ Solutions
More information on Summit Workforce Solutions More Information on PermaDune™ Solution